Thursday, May 28, 2009

Renaissance Costume

Last year I went to a renaissance festival with my family for a day, and we dressed up for it. I wore a dress that looked sort of like a Cinderella dress and my sister wore a cape she had made. At the festival there were lots of shops that sold fabulous dresses and outfits and there were people like us who wore fabulous outfits. I got so many sewing project ideas there I had trouble keeping them all in my head, but I managed to remember some of them.

My favorite dress that I saw there was a fitted dress with a thin cord around the waistline and a full skirt below it. I drew it up as best I could but it is nothing like the real dress.

The hair of this girl is in two parts as you can see, and has a ribbon wrapped around each part. This is not a braid, but long rolls of hair that are held together by the ribbons. I found this very interesting.

If you have a dress or outfit that caught your eye, you can post as a comment and I would love to see it.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

i really like how you drew this one - your very good at drawing body proportion, and i love this dress!

Savannah Nichole said...

Wow! You are good at drawing!

Hello, I saw you commented on my brothers blog and thought I'd check yours out. My blog is www.savannahcat.blogspot.com. I live in the country too.

Paul Mulder said...

'ello! I think you will most likely recognize me, but just in case I'm that guy from nanowrimo.. just wanted to say, your drawing skills are pretty good. I'm assuming your writing is as good or better, but I really can't tell you unless I see some of it. it doesn't matter though. see ya 'round