Sunday, September 6, 2009

Something new!





I decided one day that I wanted to design and sew something new, something different. So I took an old skirt pattern and altered it a bit and made a smaller sized pattern. I cut out the fabric with my new little pattern pieces and started to sew. I really didn't know what i was doing to tell the truth. In the end it looked like a little doll sized skirt! I went and got my American girl doll to try it on, but it was to big. I was disappointed. I had wanted it to work. So I tried it one her in a different way, as a dress! It ended up working perfectly as a strapless dress!


I went out into the garden and took some pictures of her in it, and here they are.



3 comments:

Paul Mulder said...

Nice.. is that one of those dolls that you can choose what they look like? or is it one of the characters & I just don't recognize it..


okay, I'm sorry, but my sister was fairly big into American Girl dolls & I used to play with her when I was little. I even had (have)some guy doll similar to the American Girls that I got for Christmas so many years ago. I've not done a thing with it for ages, but I've had thoughts of selling it. my sister might take some of the outfits even though she doesn't play with her dolls any more either. (My sister is a couple years older than me plus I am the youngest in my family so I didn't really have anyone to play with on an every day basis.) Wow I talk a lot. Randomly, too.

Abigail Hastings said...

Yeah it is a "Just Like Me" doll that has the same hair and eyes and skin as me.


You have a doll???!!!!(Hee Hee) ahem, Thats cool! And I really don't mind random stuff, I really LIKE it! So talk all you like, I enjoy it. You are funny.

Brynn said...

thats so cute!